Saturday, August 13, 2011

Halloween Cupcake: Ghost

I grew up watching Scooby-Doo, am fascinated by (real) haunted houses, and love mystery novels, sweets (obviously), dressing up in fun costumes, and fun parties. I also LOVE the Haunted Mansion ride. So, naturally, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I look forward to it every year for the excuse of watching fun and spooky movies and show specials, eating great food, and dressing up in something fun. Seeing kids dressed up in fun/adorable/scary/funny costumes also makes me smile.

I drew a set of six Halloween characters as cupcakes for some unknown (but awesome) reason. I've learned not to question my thought process as of late. Here is my first Halloween cupcake with a border.


I did not originally do borders with the cupcakes when I drew them, but decided to separate them and add a coordinating border. I have another one done, but am not sure about the background color, so it's technically still in progress. I will post it once I get the color squared away. All my illustrations will be available as prints to purchase on deviantART. You can go here to see the ghost cupcake print, or click on the deviantART tab at the top to go to my deviantART profile.

I am currently working on getting an online shop set up for my sweet/cupcake illustrations. I hope to have it up within the next week, and will feature it in a post when it's ready. Until then, I will be working on the shop, illustrations, and fabric designs with my favorite spooky shows and movies on for background noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.